Setting the trend, the YACM way
- First to organize sponsored programmes involving corporates.
- First to bring entertainment and creativity to music by conducting innovative programmes such as Akshara Antaadi, Swara Jam, Tala Tarangini, Raga Repertoire, music Quiz etc.
- First to conduct a day-long music carnival that involved playing with music - a "learn while you play" concept. This involved a series of stalls that gave adapted versions of popular college games, linked with music in a superb blend of entertainment and education. It was a concept that gave a major fillip to YACM by attracting scores of college students into its fold.
- First to take music to educational institutions by conducting competitions, games and lectures for school children and college students.
- First to conduct concerts, lectures and workshops for employees and families of private sector companies.
- First to introduce the concept of lec-cons (lecture-concerts), where every aspect of understanding a concert is explained just as it is being rendered or executed for the benefit of listeners who are new to classical music.
- First to launch projects aimed at creating appreciation for classical music among school children through programmes such as `Build a Rasika contest’.
- First to organize, in 1993, a unique programme for schools, where students are asked to present creative programmes related to classical music. This was conceived, developed, organized and executed by the students.
- First to conduct group discussions and workshops on various themes such as `appreciating classical music through film music’, `understand individual ragas’, `understand concerts’ etc. by eminent musicians.
- First cultural organization to use state-of-the-art technology like computerized database, laser technology and offset printing for all its communications.
Youth Association for Classical Music (YACM)YACM, a forum to flower talents
Silver jubilee fete of YACM to begin on August 21
We want to make YACM a national movement, says its chief Rithvik Raja